A liver detox recipe is the best thing for any liver problems. How do you know if you need to detox your liver?
Believe it or not, alcohol isn’t the only cause of decreased liver function. Processed foods play a huge role too.
The decreased liver function causes digestive issues like constipation and bloating. It can and will affect your mood and your ability to lose weight too.
Your first step should be removing all processed food from your diet. You’ll want to add anti-inflammatory foods to your meals too.
The next step is finding a liver detox recipe that works for you. We’ve included three different recipes in case of any allergies.
Liver Detox Recipes
Liver Detox Smoothie
This first recipe has the most ingredients. It’s perfect for detoxing after some hard partying. If you need a quick cure for your liver, this will do the trick.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- ½ green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- ¼ inch nub of turmeric root, peeled and chopped (¼ tsp organic ground turmeric)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, freshly juiced
- 3 walnut halves
- 2 full pipettes of Liver detox drops (these drops have 7 organic herbs for overall health)
- 2 tbsp protein powder of your choice (optional)
- 1 pinch organic ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey for sweetness (optional)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (use orange juice instead if you want something sweeter)
- Add all ingredients to blender and mix until liquified.
- Strain if desired and add some ice for a refreshing summer drink.
- Pour and enjoy.
Liver Detox Juice
This is a liver detox juice recipe. It’s quick and easy, with commonly found ingredients.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 3 oranges, freshly juiced
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- ½ tbsp turmeric (peeled and chopped, or ground)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ - ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper (adjust ratio as desired)
- 2 full pipettes of liver detox drops (contains 7 organic detoxifying herbs)
- Combine in a blender until liquified.
- Strain if needed.
- Drink 30 minutes before your meal.
Side note: the cayenne and ginger combination makes this a spicy drink. It’s a great liver detox recipe for weight loss too. But if you really want to lose weight, try our weight loss bundle instead.
Liver Detox Drink
This last recipe is a great detox for colder days. If the liver dysfunction caused blemishes too, our skin drops can help.
Preparation time: 9 minutes
- ½ - 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- Cayenne pepper (a pinch will do but you can add more)
- 2 full pipettes of liver detox drops (contains 7 detoxifying herbs)
- Heat the water but don’t boil it. You can do this on the stove or use the kettle.
- Add the ingredients to the water and stir well.
- Consume first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Should be consumed for 10 days.
Liver Detoxifying Foods
Apples are for cleansing and releasing toxins from the digestive tract. They are high in pectin and aids the liver in handling its toxic load.
Carrots are high in beta-carotene and plant flavonoids. They stimulate and support overall liver function.
Bananas are known for their high potassium levels. Potassium keeps the liver healthy and is important for cardiovascular health. It helps lower systolic blood pressure and cholesterol.
Walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids and glutathione. They help keep the liver clean by detoxifying ammonia.
High in vitamin C, lemons help the body break down toxins. A liver cleanse recipe with lemon juice will make these toxins easily absorbed by water.
Parsley supports overall liver and kidney function. It’s high in antioxidants, enzymes, volatile oils, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals.
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that has been used for centuries. A turmeric liver detox recipe helps with digestive problems. It assists enzymes to flush out toxins too.
Spinach is incredibly high in chlorophyll. This means that it soaks up and neutralizes environmental toxins from the bloodstream. These toxins include heavy metals, chemicals, and pesticides.
Cinnamon is great for improving blood circulation. It doesn’t do much for the liver but it’s healthy and adds flavor to your drink.
Ginger is well-known to reduce ingestion, bloating, and nausea. That’s why it’s great for morning sickness. It aids in nutrient absorption and purifies the body. This strengthens the immune system.
Garlic helps rid the body of toxins by boosting the liver’s detoxification enzymes.
This fiery spice seems to make any meal taste better. But cayenne is a great detoxifier too. It stimulates the metabolism, breaks up toxins, and cleanses the body.
Olive oil lowers the fat levels in the liver. A liver detox recipe with olive oil will improve enzyme levels and increase blood flow.
Much like bananas, blackstrap molasses are high in potassium. They contain high levels of nutrients too. These include manganese, iron, calcium, and copper.
Side note: add some to your coffee to make it richer and lower the acidity.
Other Detoxifying Foods
Here’s a list of other detoxifying foods that aren’t in the recipes below:
- Papaya (a good banana alternative)
- Beets (You can try a liver cleanse recipe with beet juice. Raw juice recipes are excellent for liver cleansing).
- Brussels sprouts
- Lime (a good lemon alternative)
- Green tea (a liver detox tea recipe is great for cold winter days).
You can use many of these detoxifying foods in everyday meals. They make great additions and add extra body and flavor.
If you’re doing a liver detox, remove all processed food from your diet. Add more anti-inflammatory food and try a liver detox recipe.
If the recipes above didn’t work, try our celery juice for constipation recipe.
Happy detoxing and good luck.
Did You Find Our Blog Helpful? Then Consider Checking:
- 3 Day Detox Recipes For Weight Loss
- 1 Day Juice Cleanse Recipes
- 30 Day Juicing Fast Recipes
- 7 Day Juice Cleanse Plan Recipes
- 60 Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 10-Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 21 Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 28 Day Juice Cleanse Recipes
- 10 Day Detox Recipes
- 21 Day Sugar Detox Recipes
- 7 Day Detox Soup Recipe
- 10 Day Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 30 Day Detox Recipes
- 21 Day Green Smoothie Detox Recipe
- 24 Hour Detox Cleanse Recipe