A day-long detox is a good, quick way to refresh and cleanse your body. Sticking to a good detox plan means you need to know some good 24-hour detox cleanse recipes.
It is a fast solution to feeling better and healthier and reset after a period of unhealthy consumption.
We outline a few delicious detox recipes that you can follow, how exactly to do a 25-hour detox, and what results to expect once it’s done.
24 Hour Detox Cleanse Recipe
Breakfast: Chia Pudding
This chia pudding is a great make-ahead meal to grab out of the fridge in the morning and kickstart your 24-hour detox.
Chia seeds are the ultimate antioxidant that is packed full of benefits and keeps you full for longer. They are high in fiber which aids in digestion and regularity and keeps blood pressure low.
Topping your pudding with almonds adds a boost of health, as they reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, aid with digestion, add shine to your hair, and improve skin - which can be further benefited by using our SKIN Drops.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk (almond, oat, etc)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of crushed or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
- Place chia seeds, milk, and honey into a small bowl or jar, mix and leave to refrigerate overnight
- The next morning, top with almonds and strawberries and enjoy
Lunch: Kale Salad
A salad is a fresh, healthy meal to have at lunchtime that will fill you up without the heaviness of a rich or carb-heavy meal.
The ingredients you choose to use are important. While you should add things you enjoy, be mindful of portions and calories, as the light salad you intend to make may end up being equivalent to a heavy meal.
Kale is a superfood that has many benefits. It is a great antioxidant, improves heart health, and builds and repairs muscle. It also helps brain function, which you can further improve by adding FOCUS Drops.
- 3 cups of raw kale
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 handful of chopped pecans
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of roasted butternut
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the kale, snap peas, carrots, pecans, cranberries, and butternut to a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Drizzle on the olive oil and lemon juice, and toss again.
- Serve and enjoy.
Dinner: Vegetable Soup
Soup is the ultimate detox food - it’s light but versatile, hearty, and satisfying.
If you want a proper detox, making a vegetable soup is ideal as you are then eliminating meat for a day, and deriving all the nutrients of several vegetables in one sitting. It also works well as a 7-day detox soup recipe.
The addition of ginger is a flavourful punch that provides many benefits. It is a great immunity booster to fight off illness, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, aids digestion, and helps with weight loss. To add to this, you can put in a few SKINNY Drops.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 chopped leek
- 2 medium chopped carrots
- 1 medium chopped sweet potato
- 1 handful of chopped spinach
- 3 cups of chopped cabbage
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil into a large pot or saucepan, and then add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add all the vegetables in, season, and cook for about 10 mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste, and serve.
Green Detox Smoothie
A green detox smoothie is the perfect way to consume a large number of vegetables and fruit, and therefore endless nutrients, in one go.
You can have this detox smoothie as a meal replacement, ideally taking the place of breakfast or lunch, during your 24-hour detox. This can also work as a 10-day detox smoothie recipe.
The main leafy green is spinach, which is high in fiber and packed with nutrients. It packs a lot of iron, and can also boost energy levels and focus - which can also be aided by adding FOCUS Drops.
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (almond, oat, etc)
- 1 chopped green apple
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
Green Detox Juice
Green detox juice is a 1-day juice cleanse recipe, as it’s full of vitamins and nutrients from the ingredients.
Similar to the smoothie, it can be taken as a meal replacement. Drinking it is most beneficial on an empty stomach, so try to incorporate it as a replacement for breakfast. This can also work as a 3-day juice cleanse recipe.
Green apples are excellent for weight loss, as they are high in fiber and keep you full for longer - this can be amplified using SKINNY Drops.
They also improve digestion, vision, immunity, hair, and skin, and reduce the risks of cancer.
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 1 cup of celery
- 2 cups of raw spinach
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- Place all ingredients in a juicer or blender, and combine until smooth. Add ice if desired.
How to do a 24 Hour Detox Cleanse
For one day, cut out food such as dairy, sugar, fats, meat, caffeine, etc. If you want a more intense detox, you can opt to consume only juice and/or smoothies for the day. Just ensure that you add ingredients such as chia seeds or nuts to keep you full and give you energy.
If you opt for a more intense detox, it is wise to avoid exercise. Performing high-energy activity without substantial food intake can lead to dizziness or fatigue.
If you have other habits that you need to cut down on or eliminate, this is a chance to work on that, too. For example, if you feel you spend too much time on social media, you can avoid logging on for 24 hours, which might lead to a more long-term change of habit.
What Results to Expect
A 24-hour detox cleanse is a short-term endeavor, so you are not likely to see noticeable results. However, it is a good way to reset and lay the foundations for more long-term goals.
It is also a good first step in detoxing, and as you build on it, you can look at longer detoxes such as 21-day detox recipes.
Above all, a detox cleanse of even just 24 hours will do what it says in the name: cleanse the body of harmful toxins.
The high amount of nutrients absorbed by the body when consuming smoothies, juices, and meals that use healthy ingredients flush out the body and leave you feeling much better. An important step to solidify this is to also consume a lot of water throughout the day - a minimum of two liters.
Committing to a 24 hour cleanse can help long-term goals such as weight loss, improvement of general health, and overall healthier lifestyle and habits.
While you may not eat the same things going forward, you might find that you incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet, as well as cut down on some of the unhealthier things.
Starting small with a day-long detox can be the first step in building up to longer detoxes, such as 30-day detox recipes.
A 24-hour detox is ideal to cleanse and reset your body and set the path for healthier living going forward.
Ensure you listen to your body, and increase food amounts or calories slightly if you feel that the detox is making you feel unwell.
Adding detox drops optimizes your cleanse, and makes the most of the shorter detox period, taking you even closer to achieving your health goals.
Did You Find Our Blog Helpful? Then Consider Checking:
- 3 Day Detox Recipes For Weight Loss
- 30 Day Juicing Fast Recipes
- 7 Day Juice Cleanse Plan Recipes
- 60 Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 10-Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 21 Day Juice Fast Recipes
- 28 Day Juice Cleanse Recipes
- 10 Day Detox Recipes
- 21 Day Green Smoothie Detox Recipe
- Liver Detox Recipe
- Liver Detox Tea Recipe
- Reasons To Start A Cleanse
- Healthy Drinks To Make With Dao Drops Detox Drops
- Add Dao Drops ‘SKINNY’ Herbal...
- How To Prepare Mentally And Physically For A Detox